Few of our customers at Water Heater Repair Long Beach do not wish to be as energy reliable as possible with all of their house costs, including their water heating bill. So, we decided to put together a list of things that will certainly help property owners do just that.
energysavers.gov estimates that 14-25 percent of a home’s energy use is from heating water, and it likewise consists of part of the power bill too. The following pointers will certainly make optimize ones water heater’s efficiency.
- Depending upon the quantity and frequency of the need for hot water, a tankless water heater could be an excellent investment come time to have a water heater replacement. They are more pricey than standard storage tank water heaters, however over the life time of the unit can be more cost effective. Not to mention the possible energy savings of running the tankless water heater.
- If the temperature of the heater is set above 120 degrees, lowering it can conserve some energy usage too.
- If one is fortunate enough to be building a new house or doing a remodel, try to position the water heater as close the location of the home that will certainly utilize the most hot water. Water heat lost while traveling through the water pipes will be decreased.
- A solar water heater could be a good investment too, and not as dependent on the location of the country one stays in as lots of people would think. Heck, one can even make one with the amount of details online, though as plumbing technicians ourselves, we would love to assist.
- Insulate, insulate and insulate even more. All uncovered water pipes, not only the hot water ones, ought to be wrapped in insulation. One can consider utilizing a water heater jacket or blanket in the cold weather season to help keep the heat inside the storage tank. New tank water heaters are made well with a nice insulation value, however every bit will help.
- This might be tough to do (at least I understand it would be in my house with a number of women) however take shorter showers.
- When replacing a water heater, ensure it is the proper size for the amount of water that will be utilized typically. Many times we have seen that house owners have too large of a water heater, which raises the amount of energy needed to heat up the water … and water that will certainly not be utilized.
Long Beach water heaters are relatively repair free however a yearly evaluation and some minor maintenance will certainly help lengthen its life span and save money with it running at optimum performance. Give us a call to schedule a yearly check.